The Contracts Administrator/Paralegal will be an integral member of the Legal Department and will be responsible for the management of the contract life cycle from creation to execution for a wide variety of contracts across all departments at Antares Pharma. Additionally, this position will be responsible for maintaining the contract management system and proper filing of all contracts. The Contracts Administrator/Paralegal will also work closely with other members of the Legal Department on a wide variety of assigned tasks to support the Legal needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the contract life cycle for a wide variety of contracts, including, but not limited to, master service agreements, consulting agreements, statements of work, work orders, change orders, amendments, confidentiality agreements, rebate agreements, etc.
- Respond to inquiries and advise internal teams regarding contract status, obligations, and revisions
- Monitor agreements throughout the contract life cycle for notice deadlines, expirations, etc.
- Build and foster relationships with many functional teams such as Finance, IT, HR, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Clinical Operations and R&D, to successfully manage the contract lifecycle
- Maintain the contract management system and manage contract template processes
- Ensure proper filing and reporting of all agreements within contract management system
- Draft new contracts using existing contract templates
- Negotiate contracts as assigned, such as confidential agreements
- Assure that contractual terms and provisions comply with corporate processes, guidelines and policies
- Develop and implement improvements to templates and the contracting process to improve efficiency and ongoing compliance
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership in independently completing assigned projects; projects may include identifying opportunities for process improvements; participating in efforts to design and implement changes
- Identify risks and issues, suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- College Degree and/or Paralegal certification highly preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Five to seven years of experience as a Contracts Administrator/Paralegal
Minimum four years of Contracts Administration/Paralegal or other comparable experience in a corporate environment
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry is highly preferred
- Expert level proficiency in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat, and high level proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with electronic contract life cycle management platform(s), electronic signatures and electronic contract filing
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercising discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to independently administer department procedures and carry out projects with minimal supervision under pressured circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail
- Minimal travel to Antares’ Minneapolis Office