The Director of Financial Reporting is responsible for all aspects of the external financial reporting process, including the preparation and filing of all reports in accordance US GAAP and SEC regulations, technical research and implementation of new accounting standards, evaluating contracts and transactions for proper accounting treatment, coordinating and maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting and leading the Company’s SOX 404 compliance activities, accounting for and administration of stock-based compensation, and assisting in tax compliance and reporting activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the timely preparation and filing of all 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks and any pro forma financial information for M&A activity; take overall responsibility for all financial information, preparation of MD&A disclosures and iXBRL information.
- Prepare and timely file Section 16 equity filings (Forms 3,4,5)
- Collaborate with the legal team in the preparation of annual proxy statement and other ’33 Act filings
- Maintain appropriate internal controls over financial reporting and lead the Company’s SOX compliance efforts, managing the outsourced internal audit service provider, coordinating the annual enterprise risk assessment, ongoing maintenance of process documentation, risk/control matrices, fraud risk assessments, control remediation and continuous process improvements.
- Be the subject matter expert on all technical accounting and reporting matters: research accounting implications of significant or complex transactions and impact of new accounting pronouncements including preparation of position papers and memos documenting the Company’s position with regard to accounting treatment. Prepare materials for presentation of such matters for management, auditors, and Audit Committee.
- Manage various month-end close responsibilities, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations; oversee equity and share-based compensation, cash flows, leases, long-lived assets, impairment testing and assistance with significant or new non-routine transactions.
- Assist with tax compliance and reporting matters coordinating with the Company’s external tax service providers on various tax issues, including the quarterly tax provision.
- Manage all aspects of share-based compensation including maintenance of award activity (grants/vesting/forfeitures/exercises), administration of equity management platform, interaction with stockholder services, and ensuring proper accounting and disclosure of share-based compensation.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits with external audit firm: oversee preparation of audit schedules and other requested information, review disclosure checklists, prepare and review responses to audit inquiries and quarterly fluctuation analysis, provide assistance with comfort letters and other transaction support, as needed.
- Work with the Manager of FP&A on the preparation of quarterly internal financial information for management, board of directors and audit committee, including variance analysis.
- Demonstrate leadership within the accounting team and contribute to establishing and maintaining effective accounting policies, procedures and systems with a view to ensure that the recording, analysis and reporting of financial information is available at all levels of the company on a timely and accurate basis.
- Work with the VP of Corporate Communications/Investor Relations in preparing and reviewing financial information in press releases, investor presentations and quarterly earnings call scripts.
- Remain current on new accounting literature and lead implementation of all new accounting standards; provide technical accounting expertise and support through research, analysis, and preparation of accounting position memos.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to lenders, monitoring of debt covenants and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate information requests for the company’s annual business insurance renewal program.
- Benchmark best practices to ensure reporting practices are leading among industry peers. Identify and deliver internal process improvements to continuously enhance the quality and efficiency of reporting process.
- Guide and participate in the successful completion of acquisitions, integrations, and other major projects in a project leadership capacity.
- Identify and collaborate on continuous improvement opportunities such as optimization of existing accounting and reporting tools or processes, ERP and system implementations and other automation efforts to gain improved efficiencies.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS(degree, license, certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Active CPA required.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Seasoned professional with 10 plus years total progressive experience in accounting with expertise in SEC reporting and SOX compliance.
- Current or recent experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm or in a SEC Reporting function for a publicly traded company (prior experience within a publicly-traded life sciences or manufacturing company preferred.)
- Experience in complex areas of accounting, such as revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, business combinations, consolidations, etc.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience in researching, evaluating, applying, and implementing FASB and SEC guidance required.
- Strong understanding of an effective and efficient internal control environment, and experience with SOX 404 compliance and COSO framework required.
- Experience in working with executive management, Boards of Directors and Audit Committees. Financial systems experience, including ERP, consolidation, and reporting tools.
- Financial systems experience, including ERP, consolidation, and reporting tools.
- Exceptional communications skills. Able to communicate in a clear and efficient manor to individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to effectively manage direct report(s) and outsourced service providers, and to lead and complete projects which involve coordination of activities across multiple functional areas without the presence of a direct reporting relationship.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the personal attributes of integrity, commitment to quality, and a results-driven work ethic.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and competing demands simultaneously.
We are not accepting solicitations from Recruiters or Consultants at this time.
APPLY TO: Careers@Antarespharma.com