Cost and Financial Analyst
The Cost & Financial Analyst role provides financial and accounting support for Antares Pharma, Inc. at the corporate headquarters. This will include developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning and control; supporting the Company’s annual budget process, including department spending, manufacturing variances, inventory, capital, and budget allocations; and performing financial analysis as needed to support and guide business decisions.
In addition, it is expected that they will develop and recommend changes that will drive improvements. The analyst is expected to work with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, Information Technology, and various other groups in order to improve manufacturing and business processes. Supports the development and implementation of process improvements. Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet scope, budget, schedule, and quality goals and objectives. Support the creation and refinement of business processes and capability to ensure overall system excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysts are business partners working with various departments at Antares with the goal of improving the financial management of an organization. The analyst will play an active role in decision making and should recommend and direct changes in operating procedures to improve efficiencies. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with internal departments (Finance, Product Management, Supply Chain, Sales, R&D) to develop, maintain, and improve enterprise metrics and reporting tools
- Track and facilitate process improvements, working across functional groups
- Create and refine ad hoc reporting to support improvement efforts
- Proactively develop and maintain effective working relationships with and between departments
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and execute strategic initiatives to improve cost and develop scenarios
- Analyze costs using cost and gross margin analysis
- Implement pricing tools to develop and provide pricing and cost estimating guidance for the business management team.
- Structure and execute various pricing/cost analyses by product lines and manufacturing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives
- Evaluate business proposals with complete analysis of economic impact on business
- Provide linkage across organization of analytical methods and definitions used in analysis and reporting of product or business acquisition
Educational Requirements (degree, license, certification):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA highly preferred.
- CMA and/or CPA preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a Finance team, supply chain/operations
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience is required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highest standards of accuracy and organization.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to quickly grasp issues and understand strategy.
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and other records and to recognize trends and anomalies.
- Capable of working independently and making logical, effective decisions with information provided.
- Proficient in balancing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated initiative and ownership orientation.
- Expertise with MS Office software with particularly high-level proficiency in Excel.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP and cost accounting principles.
APPLY TO: Careers@Antarespharma.com