Facilities Technician II.
The Facilities Technician II assists the Facilities Manager in the maintenance of Antares Pharma, Inc. facilities and equipment. They will routinely perform maintenance tasks in support of manufacturing/production equipment, facilities equipment and office furniture and fixtures, as required. They will be able to complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight in a timely and accurate manner. They will properly document repair activities as required by GMP and OSHA regulations. They must be able to supervise/direct small projects from planning to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance of facility and Manufacturing equipment per prescribed procedures, operating manuals, etc., and document necessary maintenance information per GMP requirements.
- Address and complete facility improvement and repair requests in a timely manner
- Assist with construction projects and directing service contractors and vendors.
- Conduct Facility safety and cleanliness inspections, conducting safety training for new hires, and responding to safety/emergency situations.
- Assist with security related tasks including programming and issuing ID badges.
- Assist with Johnson Controls Building Management System (BMS) system and alarm response.
- Respond to and resolve after hour and weekend emergency issues (on call rotation)
- Create and maintain vendor relationships to support building needs; manage ordering of parts, supplies, and equipment from appropriate vendors.
- Respond to fire alarms on-site and know the proper call response and reactivation/deactivation sequences for drills and fire response.
- Respond to on call emergencies and after-hours issues on a (7) day rotational basis.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required – Technical degree preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Four years of related experience required without a degree
Two years of related experience required with a technical degree
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of common facility equipment maintenance
- Working knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical systems
- General knowledge of ISO and GMP best maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of blue prints and schematics skills
- Ability to manage projects using appropriate project management skills and techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills required including MS Office
- Good Mechanical Apptitude- working with hand tools, equipment, grinders etc.
- Working knowledge and EHS-training certifications.
- Valid Minnesota drivers license