Accounting Intern - Minnetonka, MN
The Accounting Intern will be responsible for assisting the finance department with data entry, monthly journal entries, and account reconciliations. Additionally, this position will assist in the processing of vendor and customer invoices, financial reporting activities, and other special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with month-end closing activities to include preparation of various reports, journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis
- Assist with processing of accounts payable activity including invoice entry and the creation of purchase orders, ensuring proper account coding and that approvals are in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Assist with preparation of customer invoices and sales quotes, as directed
- Assist with the preparation of SOX internal control documentation
- Assist in the preparation of materials for internal and external auditors
- Assist with processing of Concur invoice and expense activity, system administration and maintenance
- Assist in special projects such as ERP system implementation, other financial system implementations and upgrades, and updating internal control walkthrough documentation and process mapping
- Other duties and special projects as directed
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a degree in accounting Has completed Intermediate Accounting I (preferred)
- Summer roles begin in May and last through August
- Candidate must be available to work Monday – Thursday during full day, regular office hours for the duration of the assignment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3.0 GPA or higher
Strong background in general office information systems including accounting software, Microsoft Excel and Word
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Ability to prioritize and organize competing requests.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Housing and Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility