Product Development Engineering Intern - Minnetonka, MN
The Product Development Engineering Intern will be responsible for device fabrication, device testing, report writing, and miscellaneous office activities supporting device development programs at Antares Pharma
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide input into preparing test protocols
- Fabricating devices for testing
- Execute testing protocols based on testing methods that have been developed
- Troubleshoot test stand and device failures
- Perform analysis on data generated from tests
- Summarize results in technical reports as needed
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- Completion of Sophomore/Junior year in a Mechanical, Biomedical, Materials, or Packaging Engineering major at an accredited college or university
- Summer roles begin in May and last through August
- Candidate must be available to work Monday – Thursday during full day, regular office hours for the duration of the assignment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Prior work experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting or repair.
- Experience with basic fabrication tools and technologies.
- Experience with 3D Cad package such as Solidworks or Pro-Engineer.
- Experience using statistical analysis software Minitab is desirable but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with employees and upper management.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, presentation skills, and leadership qualities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a professional environment where tight timelines exist
- Housing and Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility