Last Updated: December 1, 2020
I. Information We Collect
We may have access to the following categories of Personal Information regarding you and your visit to our website. Only some categories of information identify you directly, but each category offers some information about your interests and activities that could be used to make inferences about you.
Personal Information That You Voluntarily Provide
- Site Registration. We have constructed this Site so that you may visit and review information about the services/products we offer without revealing your identity or volunteering any Personal Information. If you register to use the website’s features and services, either as a consumer or a health care professional, we will collect “Personal Information” from you. “Personal Information” means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and/or email address. When this information is combined with any information on health or medical status (pursuant to all applicable laws), we refer to the resulting information as “Health-related Personal Information.”
- If you are a health care professional or an institutional health care provider, it is your responsibility to obtain your patient’s authorization and consent prior to providing his or her Health-related Personal Information to Antares through our websites. By submitting any such information, you represent and warrant that you have obtained your patient’s authorization to do so.
- Interactive Services. Antares collects information through various points of contact, including questionnaires, surveys, HR link, Contact Us link, business development inquiries and Antares’ Co-pay Support Programs where visitors may provide certain Personal Information in order to obtain co-pay assistance cards. If you choose to participate in our interactive services, you may disclose Personal Information as well as Health-related Personal Information that could be used to identify you or your family members. Providers who use our benchmarking services and quality of care assessments may choose to disclose facts about their practice and patients that include extremely sensitive, personal data.
- Correspondence with Antares. You may use our site to ask questions or report problems regarding our products and/or services to health care professionals hired by Antares to address consumers’ and health care professionals’ questions regarding use of our products and/or services. If you communicate with or request information from Antares personnel, they will have your Personal Information such as your e-mail address, as well as whatever health-related and/or personal facts you choose to include in your e-mail. If you are reporting a product experience, we may ask you for specific facts, including patient initials, age gender, and prescribing physician. U.S. regulations require us to collect patient-identifiable information in order to file reports with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regarding the safety of our products.
Information That Is Routinely Collected By Our Site Technology:
- IP Address. Each time you comes to the Site, Antares collects some information to improve the overall quality of your online experience. We record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer when you visit our site. An IP address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or device you have used to access the Internet. Without more, the IP address does not identify you personally, but it is what allows us to maintain communications with your computer as you move about our site.
- Third-Party Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on other websites. These companies may use information (not including your name, e-mail, address, or telephone number) obtained from cookies and web beacons about your visits to this site and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
II. How We Use Your Information
Whether you are a consumer or a health care professional, we use the information about your use of the services and activities on our website to monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users prefer so that we can design better services. The Personal Information and Health-related Personal Information that you provide may be used to create customized offers, information, and services tailored to your interests and preferences. If you do not wish to receive emails or other communications from us, you may contact us at email@example.com and request that your Personal Information be removed from our list.
Personal Information. We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To fulfill our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To contact the prescribing physician to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving use of our product.
- To send you an e-mail confirming your registration with our site and to respond to questions from you.
- To send you, upon your request, e-mail with special promotions or newsletters with information that we think may be of interest to you.
- To personalize content provided on the website.
- To customize your site experience by anticipating the information and services that may be of interest to you.
- To improve the functioning of our site.
- To fulfill business purposes, including operation of our site, as well as research and product analyses to help us better market our products.
Health-related Personal Information. If you choose to participate in our interactive services, we will collect the information you choose to disclose and use it in the following circumstances:
- To discover new facts that could help us better understand how our products are used in coping with the diseases for which they are marketed.
- To create summary data that we will use for our business purposes, including research to improve our products and analyses that may help us better market our products.
We may offer interactive services that ask you to furnish Health-related Personal Information about you, your family members, or, if you are a health care provider, your patients. The information you disclose and provide in interactive services may be linked (pursuant to all applicable laws) with the Personal Information you may choose to provide elsewhere on our site and together this may provide us with Personal Information about your health and health care.
If you submit health-related personal information through our website to participate in a clinical trial, we may use that information to assess whether you qualify for enrollment in the trial, to contact you about potential participation in the trial, and to provide you with additional information about the trial. If you are a health care provider and you submit health-related personal information about a patient in order for them to participate in a clinical trial, that information will be maintained in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If we determine that your patient is eligible for the trial, we will use the information you submit to contact you about your patient’s potential participation in the trial and to provide you with additional information.
III. Disclosure and Relationship To Third Parties
Antares will not sell, rent, license, or trade any Personal Information or Health-related Personal Information you provide on our site to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this Privacy Statement. If we allow a third party contractor to have access to your Personal Information or health-related personal information, we will not authorize them to take it or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Third Parties Assisting In Our Operations. Antares may share your Personal Information under confidentiality agreements with other companies that work with, or on behalf of, Antares to provide products and services. These companies may use your Personal Information to assist Antares in its operations. We will not authorize our vendors and suppliers to use your personally identifiable information for any purpose not related to Antares’s business operation.
- Co-branded Sites. We will partner with other companies to provide you with content or services on a joint or “co-branded” basis. At a co-branded site you will see both the Antares logo and the logo of the co-branded partner displayed on your screen. To access the services available on a co-branded site you may have to complete a new on-line registration form, and this registration information may be shared with Antares’s co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy policies of our co-branded partners, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these policies will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information to a given site. Remember, you may always opt-out of sharing your information with a partner site by choosing not to use the service or content provided by the co-branded site.
- Advertisers. We do not permit advertisers to display their advertisements at our site.
- Disclosure to Subsequent Owner or Operator. We may share your Personal Information with other business entities in connection with the sale, assignment, merger or other transfer of all or a portion of Antares’ business to such business entity. We will try to assure that no personally identifiable information that is transferred will be used or shared in a manner inconsistent with this Statement without your consent. However, in the event of a sale or merger, your continued use of this site signifies your agreement to be bound by the privacy statement and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
IV. Our Security Measures
The security of your data is very important to Antares. We have implemented appropriate security measures, including encryption practices, to prevent your Personal Information and Health-related Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. All personal and/or health-related personal information is kept physically behind firewalls that prevent intruders from gaining access. As an added security precaution, we deploy various methods of protection such as host intrusion prevention and detection systems to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of data.
However, you should know that no web site operator, including Antares, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. While Antares has endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site or via e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
V. Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that Antares is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. When you connect to a website that is linked to our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of that website. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Antares.
VI. Response to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, Antares does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
VII. Our Children’s Policy
Under Age 13
Antares understands the importance of protecting children's privacy in the interactive online world. The Site is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children under 13 years of age. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should submit any Personal Information or Health-related Personal Information to Antares. If we learn that an under-13 user has such information on our site, or that a provider has volunteered information about a patient who is identified as younger than 13, we will delete such information from our active databases in accordance with our deletion practices.
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they have provided to Antares through the Site deleted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
VIII. Deletion Practices
Upon receiving your request, Antares will delete all of your Personal and/or Health-related Personal Information stored in the databases Antares actively uses for research and daily business activities, or otherwise stored in readily searchable media. In addition, we will use commercially reasonable efforts not to disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law. Nevertheless, Site users should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove from our servers each and every record of the information you have provided to Antares. The information that you provide Antares is stored in servers that are operated and maintained by Antares and third parties under contract with Antares. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of information about you or your health-related interests may exist in non-erasable forms that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
Please be aware that Antares may not comply with a consumer’s request to amend or remove information that was provided to Antares by a health care professional or a consumer regarding an adverse drug event.
IX. California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you. To submit a request to know, you may contact us at (877) 225-2908 or email@example.com. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. To submit a request for deletion, you may you may contact us at (877) 225-2908 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for deletion on your behalf.
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us. If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for your email address, other forms of identification information. We also may use a third party verification provider to verify your identity.
Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the price and quality of our services.
Antares will not sell your Personal Information or Health-related Personal Information.
X. Changes In Our Privacy Statement