Director/Senior Director, Clinical Pharmacology
This person provides creative and technical leadership in the identification of new product opportunities. This person collaborates extensively with BOTH commercial and technical functions to identify deficiencies in the profiles of approved drugs and conceptualize new products which better meet the needs of patients, healthcare providers and payers. This person will apply a broad knowledge of clinical pharmacology to address these product deficiencies (i.e. new routes of administration, dosage regimens or prodrugs) to create product concepts with improved target product profiles for execution by the R&D Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating extensively with commercial and technical functions to identify deficiencies in the profiles of approved drugs. This is a key aspect of the position.
- Leading the clinical pharmacology efforts to propose new target product profiles which correct the identified deficiencies in approved drugs.
- Collaborating to demonstrate proof-of-concept studies in animals. This will be focused on providing expertise on pharmacology requirements for prodrug, depot or immediate release parenteral technologies.
CUSTOMERS OR CLIENTS:
Commercial groups (Marketing, Market Access and Sales)
Technical groups (Clinical Development, Regulatory, Medicinal Chemistry and Formulations)
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
PhD, MD or equivalent degree required
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years of experience with significant knowledge of therapeutic regimens in one or more of the Core Therapeutic Areas (Rheumatology, Urology, Endocrinology or Neurology)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Affinity for in-depth investigations of the published and patented literature to identify product opportunities
- An understanding of pharmacokinetics and metabolism and how they relate to the design of prodrugs of approved drugs
- Experience in managing contract research organizations
Apply to: Careers@Antarespharma.com
To contact Human Resources please email: Careers@antarespharma.com