Senior Project Accountant
The Senior Project Accountant is responsible for all aspects of accounting for the Company’s partnered research and development contracts, including: ongoing communications with project managers and engineers, developing and maintaining project tracking schedules, calculating and recording monthly revenue and expenses on a percentage of completion basis, analyzing variances from plan, project billings, and other duties as assigned.
- Attend regular project meetings and communicate across the organization to gain a full understanding of the overall project(s), timeline, status and deliverables
- Build relationships with project manager and engineers to facilitate continuous communication and timely information flow
- Collaborate with project managers to build and maintain financial models and tracking schedules for new and existing projects, including matching of supplier purchase orders and invoices to project deliverables and expense lines.
- Prepare customer invoices and progress billings for development projects timely in accordance with contract terms
- Perform monthly analysis and determine development revenue, costs and profit recognition in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare monthly journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Review, understand and report on project financial results through research of variances from project plan, budget and forecast and validate with project managers
- Ensure data integrity and adherence to internal controls and documentation standards, including key SOX controls documentation
- Assist in annual external audit and quarterly reviews; compile and review requested audit materials and schedules for project specific requests
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statement disclosure schedules
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Other projects and duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (DEGREES, LICENSES,CERTIFICATION)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Must have 5 years of progressive accounting or project finance experience
- Previous direct experience in accounting for complex revenue contracts, percentage of completion or construction-type contracts required
- Public company (small to mid-size) and/or public accounting (large firm) experience preferred.
- Pharma, biotech or medical device company experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, communication and project management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to own and drive the process, working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Sound decision-making capabilities and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting issues and needs to non-accounting professionals.
- Innovative and able to convert ideas to workable solutions
- Team and results-oriented
- Technical accounting acumen
- Proficiency in MS Office with advanced Excel skills (formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with project tracking tools, Epicor ERP and system design/implementation a plus
*****We are not accepting solicitations from Recruiters or Consultants at this time.