Staff Accountant - Payroll Specialist - Minnetonka, MN
The Payroll Staff Accountant is responsible for timely preparation and processing of bi-monthly payroll and the accounting for all related employee compensation, benefits, payroll taxes and other expense accruals in collaboration with Human Resources (“HR”). Additionally, the position will maintain a strong working relationship with the outsourced payroll provider (ADP), prepare and post various routine journal entries for expense accruals and allocations, perform monthly account reconciliations, maintain appropriate documentation and compliance with SOX internal controls, oversee the preparation and reporting of W-2s, 401(k) processing, audit support and Concur Expense administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Payroll Administration:
- Prepare and process bi-monthly payroll cycles through ADP.
- Analyze changes in payroll, provide explanations and complete checklists to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries to record payroll activity, along with bonus and vacation accruals.
- Prepare H.S.A., F.S.A., and 401(k) contribution files for submission to third party vendors.
- Stay compliant and file quarterly and annual tax returns and payments.
- Partner with HR to ensure accuracy of employee data and payroll processing.
- Work with ADP to ensure proper configuration and maintenance of tables, reports, taxes, earnings and deduction codes, garnishments, etc.
- Respond to employee questions and concerns related to payroll, deductions, 401(k), and other pay-related inquiries.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including the preparation of various reports, analyses, journal entries, expense allocations and account reconciliations.
- Stay abreast of current payroll, tax and reporting requirements.
- Concur Expense Administration:
- Set-up, maintain and provide general assistance with the platform to new users.
- Assist in resolving IT HelpDesk tickets related to Concur issues or questions.
- Post journal entries for expense reporting into the general ledger.
- Prepare Sunshine Act reporting.
- Provide support during all internal and external audit engagements.
- Prepare and provide information to support the annual 401(k) and workers compensation audits.
- Prepare and provide ad-hoc management reporting as needed.
- Ensure data integrity and adherence to internal controls and documentation standards, including key SOX controls documentation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Educational Requirements (degree, license, certification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or associates degree with significant relevant experience.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H1-B status).
Years of Experience
- At least one year of relevant experience with payroll processing; experience with ADP preferred.
- Public company (small to mid-size) and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of withholding taxes, related tax filings, tax policy and employment/pay regulations for multi-state employers.
- Pharma, biotech, or medical device company experience, with a field-based sales force a plus.
- Strong background in general office information systems including accounting software, ERP and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Other Skills Qualifications
- Highly organized individual with strong analytic and problem-solving skills and superb attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information with propriety.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt communication style as appropriate.
- Ability to self-start, prioritize and organize competing requests.
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Innovative and able to convert ideas to workable solutions.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or reasonable accommodation/exemption.
- The position is primarily on-site.
APPLY TO: Careers@Antarespharma.com